What is the quality standard for date paste
- It needs to be smooth, with homogeneous color , consistent texture, and not black, stiff or changed its smell and taste.
- The paste should be free from whole or broken kernels and any foreign parts.
- It should not contain any preservatives.
-It should be made using one kind of date if the product contains more than one the mixing ratio should be stated.
-It should be free from any fermentation and rotting.
-The moisture should not exceed 20% inside it.
- It should be packed in packages that preserve the physical properties of the product.
- The package should be resistant to dryness, leakage, and damage.
Source: World Health Organization, Codex Alimentarius Commission, Food and Drug Administration